this is a subtitle
WHAT IS ENERGY EFFICIENCY?
The amount of Energy (Electricity, Water, Fuel etc.) spent for a unit throughput in an industry.
WHAT IS PROCESS AND PRODUCTIVITY?Process
A Process converts an input to a desired output through a defined method
Productivity is the efficiency of Process to utilise the CORRECT input quantity to yield the DESIGNED output quantity with the best quality in the ESTIMATED possible time.
Common Energy Audit Short Comings
- Missed Improvements – 80%
- Weak Improvement Scope – 73%
- No life cycle costing – 73%
- Poor Improvement Selection – 63%
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
What is holding back Private Sectors
- 34% of Companies (mostly SMEs who contribute 60% of GDP) do not monitor Energy Consumption.
- Only 13% of Companies are likely to set target and implement conservation measures.
- By 2020, Energy Efficiency could provide 49% reduction in emissions.
- Energy Efficiency is worth US$ 310 million/year
- - Ms. Nadia Rouchdy,
- Sr. Climate & Energy Officer, EWS-WWF
Energy and Consumer
- Energy Efficiency will have to play a critical role in order to achieve goals.
- Energy Demand will raise at a higher rate in middle east than rest of the world.
- Energy Efficiency has not made significant progress in Middle East
- - Mr. Pierre Longlois,
- President, Ecoloner
Energy Management in Abu Dhabi, looking ahead
- Abu Dhabi needs to seriously address Energy Management
- Energy Management delivers immense benefits to an organisation for cost savings and improvements in work practices.
- Awareness of Energy Management on a day to day basis is often overlooked.
- The culture of resource efficiency currently does not exist in public and private organisations.
- - Ms. Huda Al Huqani,
- Director, ADSG